Little Stars Camps
Little Stars Half Day
Little Stars Half Day Camp is for your 3-5-year-old. Half-Day Camp runs from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm daily. This program is for campers who are not quite ready to stay for the Full Day program; it is an excellent introduction to the Camp experience. Extended Care options include Morning Care ONLY.*
Little Stars Full Day
Little Stars Full Day Camp is for campers 4-5 years old. Campers must be four at the start of the program to attend Full Day Camp. Full Day Camp runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm daily. These campers are ready to take the next step into our Full Day program but still need a rest/nap period and more individualized care. Extended Care options include Morning and Aftercare.
Children must be at least three years of age to attend a Little Stars Camp, and potty-trained. If your child is 5, our suggestion is as follows: if you have a five-year-old entering Kindergarten, Little Stars Camp is designed for your child. If you have a five-year-old entering 1st grade who has completed Kindergarten, he/she is eligible for our Traditional Day Camp program. If you have questions about your five-year old’s appropriateness for either of our camps, please contact us.
Upcoming Little Stars Day Camps
|Amazing Day Camps||Traditional Day Camps|
|Early Bird Pricing*||Half Day Camp Ages 3-5: $55|
Full Day Camp Ages 4-5: $65
|Half Day Camp Ages 3-5: $150-185 |
Full Day Camp Ages 4-5: $180-225
|10/8/2018||Amazing Day - Columbus Day|
|11/12/2018||Amazing Day - Veterans Day|
|11/19/2018 - 11/21/2018||Thanksgiving Camp|
|12/15/2018||Weekend Amazing Day|
|12/17/2018 - 12/21/2018||Winter Camp|
|12/26/2018 - 12/28/2018||Winter Camp|
|1/2/2019 - 1/4/2019||Winter Camp|
|1/7/2019 - 1/11/2019||Winter Camp|
A typical day begins with all Campers meeting at their assigned Camp Sites. At 9:00 am all groups will head to the Stage Area for Songs, Skits & Games.
All Campers will be in small groups of children of the same age, with whom they will spend the entire session. Camp CaHiTo is a “group-centered” camp – meaning that our campers have the same counselor and peer group for the duration the camp session. Group-centered camping gives children the best opportunity to experience the powerful feeling of belonging, to make and keep new friends, and to connect with their counselors.
We then begin daily camp activities, all of which are age-appropriate games, hikes, and crafts determined by their counselors to fit the theme of the week and what the group likes to do. Activities include Archery, Hiking, Art and Crafts, Fort Building, Traditional Organized Games and Outdoor Education.
We invite you and your child to come and check us out at one of our Upcoming Meet & Greets.
Camp Fire Camp CaHiTo is located at 3101 Balboa Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 on the west side of Balboa Park, conveniently located in Balboa Park near I-5 and the 163 freeways.
- Little Stars Half Day (Campers 3-5) camp hours are 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Little Stars Full Day (Campers 4-5) camp hours are 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Drop off begins at 8:30 am for Little Stars Half & Full Day Camp
- Pick up for Little Stars Half Day Camp needs to be by 12:30 pm
- Pick up for Little Stars Full Day Camp needs to be by 3:30 pm
- Morning Extended Hours are available for Little Stars Half & Full Day Camp for a nominal additional fee, morning extended hours start at 7:00 am.
- Afternoon Extended Hours are ONLY available for Little Stars Full Day Camp and end promptly at 6:00 pm. A snack will be provided during the pm extended hours.
Little Stars Half Day Late Pickup If your child is not picked up by 12:30 pm you will be charged $1 for every minute. Every attempt will be made to contact parents. If by 1:30 pm the parents are not reachable, and the child has not been picked up; Child Protective Services will be contacted.
What campers should bring to Camp
- A lunch. Refrigeration is not available, so do not send perishable foods. A small snack will be provided every day, or you can bring your own.
- A Water bottle with your campers names on it.
- Comfortable play clothes, as campers, WILL get dirty.
- Closed toed shoes and socks are required. No sandals or open back shoes.
- A hat or cap and sunscreen. Parents are required to apply lotion before camp for their child’s protection. The camp counselors are not allowed to help apply.
- Accidents do happen, so please pack an extra set of clothes for your camper. Potty accidents are considered behavior problems, please see our Policies page for more information.
Camp Fire SD Membership All campers are required to become a Camp Fire SD member for $25. Benefits include but not limited to Member Only Discounts, Newsletters, and Events. Membership is valid for 365 days. Remember when registering for future camps to use your same login credentials, Membership Fees purchased in separate family accounts are non-refundable.
*Little Stars Half-Day Campers will not receive the Camp T-Shirt/Tie-Dye T-Shirt, due to scheduling.