Camp staff use discipline as a learning opportunity for the camper and try to integrate problem-solving skills into the discussion.
- Camp Staff will first verbally warn campers that have broken the rules. A discussion will occur between camper and counselor where goals and objectives will be set. Parents will be verbally notified.
- If inappropriate behavior persists, campers will be restricted temporarily from the activity. Parents will be notified and an Accident/Incident Form will be filed.
- Upon further violation, camper will be sent to the camp office for a discussion with the Camp Administrative Staff. Parents will be notified and an Accident/Incident Form will be filed.
- If behavior does not improve, parents will be notified and child may be sent home. Parents will be notified and an Accident/Incident Form will be filed.
- The camp administrative staff will discuss all decisions thoroughly before any child is sent home.
PLEASE NOTE The camp administrative staff retains the right to take immediate action if the campers’ behavior poses a threat to their own safety, the safety of other campers or camp staff. There will be no refund of any amount for campers who are sent home because of behavior problems. Multiple potty accidents are considered behavior problems.
The following behaviors could result in dismissal from the camp:
- Hitting other campers or staff
- Continued disrespect to campers, faculty, or staff
- Failure to respond to camp staff
Please make sure when registering your campers to read through all the Policies on the registration form. If you have any questions or concerns about any of our Policies please contact the office at 619-291-8985.